Saturday 26 September saw the annual raising of the flags to mark the beginning of the 2020/21 SLS season across NSW.
This year the ceremony took place at Camden Haven SLSC.
Joining SLS volunteers, local dignitaries and members of the public was Tacking Point SLSC’s very own Bronte McAllister in her capacity as the Mid North Coast Junior Lifesaver of the Year (Female).
Bronte delivered a short speech for the occasion and did our Club very proud!
Some of those in attendance included:
- Member for Lyne, Dr David Gillespie
- Mayor, Peta Pinson
- Uncle Bill OAM
- NSW Surf Lifesaver of the Year, Tony Worton
- Branch President, Rod McDonagh
- Branch Director of Members Sevices, Gary Hawkins
- Newcastle Permanent Sponsor representative, Bob Higham